Samantha Daley is a single mom raising five children.
She and her family moved to South Carolina without knowing anyone. Working long hours, all the kids stepped up to help out at home. Christian, a high school freshman, especially takes on a large load helping out his family in any way necessary.
Through YMCCAof Greenville Financial assistance, the four siblings, ages 7-14, got a chance to go to YMCA Camp Greenville. Before going, they mentioned how nervous they were. After a week at YMCA Camp Greenville, the trajectory of their lives changed forever, and their world expanded.They learned resilience, safe risk-taking, and made new friends. Some of their comments after camp:
- The most important thing I learned at Camp was to not be scared of trying new things.
- It's OK to tell someone what you're going through.
- The best part was getting to know my friends. They were kind to me.
- I was nervous of trying new things. I was afraid of messing up but I learned, and I was proud of myself.
- In my heart, I plan on going on more adventures and sleep outside.